So if you’re still not sure if you wanted to attend the Celebration Event on Saturday, January 10th in Phoenix, here are a few reasons to consider.
- Alice CoopersTown – If you haven’t been there or tried the food, it’s a real treat. It’s where rock & roll meets sports, the best of both worlds. This great venue is only a few blocks from the Phoenix Convention Center, so it’s a short walk to the venue.
- VIP tickets are only $35 and in limited supply, you’ll get FREE hors d’ouevres, FREE open bar, first chance at entry and guaranteed to not be shut out if we reach capacity. You will also be eligible for pre-event drawings and auctions and first peek at all of our auction items. This one hour reception (8-9pm) is a must for all of those who want to see and be seen as the patrons for PPA Charities. Plus you get a cool collectors button!
- Watch as PPA Charities presents our annual donation to Operation Smile. Last year’s check for $52,000 from Family Portrait Month changed the lives of over 200 children by providing the funds needed for life-changing surgery on cleft palates and other facial deformities by the volunteers from Operation Smile.
- Meet Carmit Bachar, celebrity spokesperson for Operation Smile. This former PussyCat Doll, shares her story on how she was affected directly by Operation Smile.
- Be there as we recognize PPA Charities biggest supporters and find out who wins the mission trip with Operation Smile in 2009, as well as recognition of other VIPs.
- A fun way to show your support is to have your eyes done up in Alice Cooper’s famous style. The Delta Zeta sorority from ASU is sending volunteers to give you Alice-Eyes for a small donation.
- Music? Well of course there’s music! Rock out all during the evening, but get ready for a real experience when Sixty Degrees North takes the stage. For the first time, PPA Charities brings the fun with dancing and partying, kind of a big blow out to celebrate all of those who supported us in 2008 and bring in 2009.
- We’ll also hear from our friends at Twin Cities PPA and the Texas School and see how they each have challenged the other PPA Affiliates to support PPA Charities.
- Be the first to see our new hoodies and long-sleeved t-shirts. We’re sure they’ll sell out, but those who come to the Celebration Event will have first dibs!
- Did I mention the Auctions? As of December 12th we have tons of items ready for your bidding with more coming every day.
Here’s a list of what we have so far:
- The PPA Affiliates School are big supporters; we already have Scholarships from New England Institute of PP (NEIPP), Texas School, MAIPP, Image Explorations, West Coast School, the Oklahoma School, Triangle Institute of PP, East Coast School, Illinois Workshops and the Lamarr Williamson School.
- PPA Exhibitors who have stepped forward are many; SuccessWare is a sponsor of the Event and contributor as well as Gina Alexander,
- Tamrac, Image Tech Marketing, Expo Imaging Inc., DIGINEG Ltd., M-Rock Camera Bags, Group Photographers Assn., Corel Corporation, Backgrounds by Maheu, Richmond Professional Lab, Dahle North America, MyBWLab.com, Rice Studio Supply, WhiteHouse Custom Colour and Think Tank Photo.
- PPA has donated a full year membership and IUSA 2010 Registration and also VIP reserved seats to the Anne Geddes program. IUSA
- Speakers and PPA photographers donating items include Anne Geddes, Jeremy Sutton, Bert & Cindy Behnke, Ron Nichols and Hanson Fong.
- Local donors include the Phoenix Coyotes Hockey Club, Rockin’ R Ranch, Sheraton Phoenix Hotel, First Watch Restaurant, Phoenix Art Museum, Out of Africa Wildlife Park, Phoenix Zoo, the Phoenix Suns Basketball Team and McCormick & Schmicks.
- And we have items from Robin Williams and John Travolta, too.
So is that enough reason to show up? But remember, only those with VIP tickets will be guaranteed admittance. After 9:00 p.m. everybody is welcome, but space is limited and only what Alice Cooperstown can hold will be accommodated, so call PPA or contact PPA Charities by calling 708-267-0657 or email@example.com.
We hope to see you in Phoenix.